- Engineers from all sectors – state and central government, public enterprises, industries and services
- Academia – Student, Faculty and Management
- Research – Scientists and Engineers from all segments of R&D establishments – Defense, aerospace, Industrial R&D
- Corporate members of IEI, Technician student members of IEI
- International participation
- Members from other Engineering Professional bodies
History of Indian Engineering Congress
The Institution of Engineers (India), was earlier holding Annual General Meetings/Annual Sessions/ Annual Conventions at different places in the country to take stock and review its activities and objectives. The Annual Convention later manifested into Indian Engineering Congress is intended to broaden the scope of interaction and transfusion of knowledge amongst engineers from the country as well as from the prominent parts of the globe. The Institution of Engineers (India) is organizing the Indian Engineering Congress every year to cater the needs of entire engineering professional community of India. The Indian Engineering Congress will throw open the threshold of knowledge to all members and non-members and provide them with a Forum.
The First Indian Engineering Congress was inaugurated by the then Prime Minister of India, Bharat Ratna Late Shri Rajiv Gandhi in 1987 in Kolkata. The 5 then Hon’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Shri N Chandrababu Naidu
inaugurated the 15th Indian Engineering Congress held at Hyderabad in 2000.
It is a matter of great honour that Shri Pranab Mukherjee, then Hon’ble President of India inaugurated the 27th Indian Engineering Congress in New Delhi (2012) and 28th Indian Engineering Congress in Chennai (2013). The Hon’ble Governor of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, Shri E S L Narasimhan inaugurated the 29th Indian Engineering Congress held at Hyderabad in 2014.
The Institution of Engineers (India) is organizing 34th Indian Engineering Congress during this year in Hyderabad from December 27 to 29, 2019.